Thursday, March 17, 2016

Review: A Girl's Guide to Moving On

A Girl's Guide to Moving On A Girl's Guide to Moving On by Debbie Macomber
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Nichole Patterson and her mother-in-law Leanne Patterson have something in common - both are trying to re-establish their lives after the failure of their marriages. The two women remain good friends despite the break up of their marriages, and together they form their own support group and cheering squad as they attempt to find a new normal for themselves. The story is told in from parallel viewpoints as the chapters alternate between Nichole's story and Leanne's. I liked both women, but found the male characters to less believable. Their ex-husbands are portrayed as flat, bad-guys, and the new men in their lives are a little too good to be true. I have to admit that I like Debbie Macomber's Blossom Street books better and more believable.

View all my reviews

No comments: