Friday, March 11, 2016

Review: The Last Anniversary

The Last Anniversary The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have enjoyed Liane Moriarity's books, and while I did like this one, I like others better. In 1932 a young couple, Alice and Jack Munro, living on a Scribble Gum Island, mysteriously vanish, leaving behind an infant. Sisters Connie and Rose Doughty find the infant, name her Enigma, and raise her. Along the way, they build a family business based on the great unsolved mystery of the Munro disappearance. Seventy years later, Sophie Honeywell, ex-fiancee of Connie's nephew, inherits Connie's house, and goes to live on the tiny island. As other members of Connie's rather eccentric family get involved in Sophie's life, a long-held family secret is eventually revealed.

I liked the premise of the book, but Sophie was a rather annoying character. She's almost 40 but had the reactions/mindset of a fairly immature woman. I also figured out the long-held secret fairly easily. However, it was an easy read, and it filled the bill at the moment.

View all my reviews

No comments: