Tuesday, June 22, 2010

First Week of Summer Break

I'm still waiting to sleep in!  I woke up at 4 am on Saturday, 3:30 am on Sunday, and 3:45 am yesterday.  Today however, I made it all the way to 5:30 am before giving up.  I realize that stress has been cutting into my sleep pattern, but it's also hard to sleep in when your alarm rings during the school year at 4:45 am.  And at this time of year, it's getting light at 4, and the birds are starting to make a racket.  Our yard has been blessed (?) with a multitude of crows this spring. They are quite loud!  Right now the 2 cherry trees in our front yard are loaded with cherries and the crows have taken up residence!  I was sitting on the porch Sunday afternoon and it sounded like I was in the middle of a crowded school cafeteria with all the noise!

Saturday we spent moving furniture again.  We've renovated 2 of 5 rooms and needed to get the furniture back into those rooms. We were under a deadline because Younger Son and his girlfriend will be visiting later this week and they need a place to sleep!  There were no available beds for them!  Sunday was church and church council.  Since the moderator was away, this vice moderator had to run an agenda-packed meeting after church.  It was after 1 pm when I got home, but we got a ton of business accomplished.  Yesterday and today I've been part of a team that's writing K-8 English/Language Arts curriculum for our district .  At least we're getting paid some extra $ for that work.  After my session today, I need to travel to the small city about 20 minutes away to shop for bed linens for the new guest rooms.  Tomorrow I need to act as chauffeur and meet Younger Son somewhere between here and either Boston, Providence or NYC  (don't ask --- he has a flexible itinerary!).  On Thursday, we will have to do the same to meet his girlfriend (again, don't ask!) I also have plans for a knitting session with my best friend.  Somewhere between today and Friday, the church moderator and I need to get together to work on some church issues, too.   On Friday I have an eye doctor appointment, and I'm supposed to get a massage.  The latter may be rescheduled depending on the plans of Son and Girlfriend which depend on the weather.  They are here for a friend's wedding but they want to climb our local famous mountain on Friday if the weather cooperates.  Then on Sunday, we have to get them to Boston for their plane back to Los Angeles.  So, for the first week of down time, I'm pretty busy.  But it's nice!  Now I just have to work on the relaxation piece, and I'll be all set!

No comments: