Tuesday, June 29, 2010

On the Needles

Except for sewing on the really cute buttons I purchased for this sweater, this baby sweater is finished.



From Knitting Gallery




It's a Fiber Arts pattern Zarina #15 otherwise called Seed Stitch Cardigan. I can't find any web link for it. I got the pattern for free when I purchased the yarn at Fiber Arts, a lovely yarn store in Cape May, NJ over my April vacation. The yarn is Ella Rae Lace Merino, and the sweater took exactly one skein. I have 42 inches of yarn left! I haven't sewed the buttons on yet, because I put them in a safe place until I needed them. I saw them in that safe place last week. Do you think I can remember where that safe place is now that I'm ready or them??? I Of course not!  I also need to gently block it.  The body of the sweater is all stockinette, which makes it a quick knit even if it's on size 3 needles.  The bands and the cuffs of the sweater are all in seed stitch.


From Knitting Gallery




 I loved working with the yarn. I love the little pocket too!


From Knitting Gallery


 This is baby present #2 of 3 which I started last night.


From Knitting Gallery



 It's the Easy  Lace Baby Blanket from the latest issue of Creative Knitting.  and I'm using Plymouth Encore from Webs  in honeydew.  It's only a 4 row pattern, and 2 of those rows are purl backs!  So this should be my travel knitting for a while.

I am awaiting a box of yarn from Webs.  My knitting buddy and I each ordered a bunch of close out sock yarn over the weekend.  Not that either of us needs more sock yarn.  But as I explained to a nonknitting friend of mine,  some folks lust over shoes.  We lust over yarn!!

No comments: