Thursday, April 14, 2011

Another Martha Grimes

The Old Silent (Richard Jury Mysteries 10)The Old Silent by Martha Grimes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Richard Jury is "on vacation", visiting Bronte country when he witnesses a murder.  Despite his total lack of jurisdiction, he decides to investigate, especially since the murderer is a mysterious woman who is as silent as the namesake inn.  His investigation re-opens a very cold child kidnapping/murder.  Once again, we are treated to Martha Grimes' collection of colorful characters, old friends and new ones alike. Brian McElvie, the wonder lawman from the Devon Constabulary also gets involved. Another wonderful child plays an important role, as she and a pair of dogs are involved in the grand denouement.  One of my favorite parts of this installment is out on the moors as the heroic sheep dogs save the day.  


View all my reviews

1 comment:

Panhandle Jane said...

I think I missed this one. It's going on my list. Who can resist the Brontes?