We're in the midst of 'it' and I'm hoping that it is not just me who is starting to get a bit overwhelmed. So for today I am asking for five quick picks of things that are good in your life. And as a bonus, 1 pick for a thing you could do without.If you want to describe them? Great.If not? That's fine too.
1. Original Peeps - especially yellow and pink chicken peeps. Blue is just wrong! And I can't eat them right out of the box. I have to let them get "stale" first. I open the box and let them "air dry" for about a week until they're hard and crusty outside. Weird, I know. And let's face it, peeps need to be chickens!
2. My Keuring coffee machine. It was giving me a bit of problem for a couple of days, but all is well again. Add a box of Green Mountain Dark Roast Sumatra or Espresso Blend , and I'm happy. Strong black coffee, no sugar.
3. A bonus snow day! I needed the day. My supply of patience and good humor was exhausted, and both the kids and I were worse for the wear.
4. My knitting --- I am about to start Laura Nelkins' Mystery KAL. I did a mystery shawl several years ago, and decided it was time for another one. Here are the yarn and beads I'm using:
5. High speed internet. I have not taken it for granted yet. I find new things to love every day.
And something I could do without:
Aside from the never-ending snow, I could use with a lot less stress at work. Not knowing what I'll be teaching next year is getting old. . . .and will I have to move my room again??
If you play, send me a note so I can check out your list!