Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mystery KAL from Laura Nelkins



This is what I've been up to as far as knitting for the past week.  It's a mystery knit-along (KAL) from Nelkin Designs.  The details for the KAL can be found here . There are lots of people working on this project and a whole Ravelry group dedicated to it.  I am using some Ella Rae Lace Merino, size 7 needles, and beads that I bought online from what is now the Northampton Beadery. 

The above represents only 40 rows and 2 clues, but it took me 10 days to figure out the correct placement of beads and yarnovers.  Despite some serious frustration, I really enjoy lace and beadwork.  It's fiddly, it's slow, and you really can't watch TV at the same time, but it really is satisfying!  

1 comment:

Panhandle Jane said...

I'm impressed by that number of beads. I've never beaded, but I have some Zephyr and some beads, and after I finish my Spring Socks, I'm going to cast on for some felted clogs for my DH for TV watching and the Emily Dickinson Shawl for concentrated knitting. Your yarn is a lovely color for spring!