Monday, February 22, 2016

Review: Summer Island

Summer Island Summer Island by Kristin Hannah
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Update: I re-read this book and had absolutely no recollection of every having read it before! That hasn't ever happened before. Usually something in the first few chapters nags at me, and then I go check my Goodreads account to see if it's because I've read it before. Not even a twinge this time. My previous review stands - no new insights.

I like relationship books, especially when the plots revolve around mending broken ones. Norah Bridges is a radio/newsprint relationship advisor who's estranged from her younger daughter Ruby, and has a fragile relationship with her older daughter. When a career-destroying crisis occurs, Norah and Ruby are forced to confront each other and themselves. As in most Kristin Hannah books I've read, there's a happy ending. I think the appeal of her books is that the characters she develops seem to be real people, and their situations are realistic.

View all my reviews

No comments: