Thursday, February 11, 2016

Review: Thin Air

Thin Air Thin Air by Ann Cleeves
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ann Cleeves has convinced me that I need to go visit the Shetland Islands. Her depiction of the environment and lifestyle make this area come alive. As far as the plot of this installment in her series, it was as interesting as usual. A English visitor to the area disappears, and her body is later discovered posed on a beach under a cliff. As Jimmy Perez and his team investigate, they discover that local folklore is involved with the murder. Jimmy is finally beginning to emerge from his grief over Fran's murder, and members of team worry that some of the case details may cast him back into the depths. I also really like how Cleeves has developed the characters, adding realistic depth and growth.

View all my reviews

No comments: