Sunday, May 8, 2016

Knitting with Nelkin Designs

As you can tell, I really like Laura Nelkin's knitting designs.  Here are three projects I've knit since January that are her designs.


I finally finished this:






It's the Crucero Shawl from Laura Nelkin, knit in Anzula Breeze in aqua. I LOVE her patterns.  I started this in January and finally finished it Friday night.  It's in the blocking process right now.  This shawl was tricky for me --- it starts in the center with a circular cast-on which gave me no end of trouble.  And then for some reason, I couldn't get the hang of the pattern which was full of yarn overs and dropped stitches.  I love knitting with beads but they slowed me down --especially the placed beads in the last sections.  Finally, the beaded crocheted edging had me at a snail's pace.  Crochet and I are not friends.    But I really love this!

I knit these Traversus socks in February, also a Laura Nelkin design.  These are from Opal 4-fach and I mostly knit them on the beach in Punta Cana, DR.







And for fun, I knit these  Artichoke French Mitts in January, yet another Laura Nelkin design!  I used some yarn I'd had in my stash forever - Artful Yarns Shakespeare.





Finally, I am swatching for another of her designs - Las Cruces sweater from her Novus Collection.  I'm using Noro Taiyo Sport for this.  Here's the swatch that's drying.





And here's the yarn I will be using.



I have at least 3 other Nelkin designs in my knitting queue, so stay tuned!




No comments: