Sunday, May 15, 2016

Review: Journey to Munich

Journey to Munich Journey to Munich by Jacqueline Winspear
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

In this Maisie Dobbs installment, she has returned to England, still mourning the loss of her husband. She reluctantly accepts a job from British intelligence impersonating the daughter of a industrialist/inventor who has been imprisoned in Hitler's Germany in Dachau. Her mission is to bring her "father" home. While in Munich, Maisie is also attempting to contact Elaine Otterborne who has abandoned her husband and infant son, in order to persuade her to return home. But Elaine has a completely different agenda.

This book was only okay, and may have been written to get Maisie back into the private investigations business. Or perhaps the author has gotten tired of the character? At any rate, the plot didn't excite me and I felt like Maisie spent way too much in introspection, and not enough time actually interacting with other people. I suppose though that might make sense since she still is in mourning. At any rate, I found the book less than gripping.

View all my reviews

No comments: