Saturday, May 21, 2016

Review: Murder On The Ballarat Train

Murder On The Ballarat Train Murder On The Ballarat Train by Kerry Greenwood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Phrynne Fisher books are a quick, very enjoyable read. This is #3 in the series. Phrynne and her companion Dottie are traveling to Ballarat by train, when they and the other first class passengers are chloroformed in their sleep. Phrynne manages to get windows open in time to save all but one passenger who has gone missing. The missing traveler is found murdered by the side of the tracks, and of course, Phrynne is on the case.

I love the characters and the attention to details about 1920's culture. The plots are not very involved, but there's an air of fun about the books that I enjoy as much as I enjoy the PBS series based on the books.

View all my reviews

No comments: