Friday, January 1, 2010

Book # 1/2??

I started reading this one on Dec. 30th and finished it this morning. I think most of it was actually read in 2009, but I guess 2010 will get the credit for it! I actually read this on my Kindle, so the book pictured isn't the exact edition I had. I got it for free!

Cranford Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I thoroughly enjoyed this! I've seen the PBS series Cranford which uses this and two other novels as its base, and so I ordered this book on my new Kindle. The author's gentle series of vignettes about Miss Matty and her neighbors in a mid-19th century British village are charming. Her characters are well-developed and likeable; I would dearly love to meet them. I am looking forward to reading the other two stories that create the Cranford world.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: