It's been just a week since we were able to connect to high speed internet service. I am still getting used to the idea that when I click on a link, I'm there instantly. I have to change my morning routines! I used to log into my account, click on the dial connection tab and then feed my bird. By the time I finished with that chore, I would go back to the computer and open Outlook. While my email downloaded, I made my coffee. Finally, I'd sit down with my coffee and read my email and check in with a few website. Now all I do is wake the computer, log into my screen and everything is right there ready to go.
Other wonders I'm getting used to:
- Clicking a video link on FB and actually watching it
- Accessing our local news station to check weather (and school closings for my husband who runs a school bus company!)
- Listening to Pandora
- Using Itunes to download music and podcasts
- Uploading pictures to Ravelry or this blog
- Watching the first season of Bones instantly from Netflix on my computer. (Guess how I spent our early dismissal from school due to snow afternoon!)
- Using my laptop wirelessly in another room
- Watching a knitting technique video
- Accessing my bank and my credit card accounts and not getting timed out!
I knew we were deprived by the limitations of dial up, but I just didn't understand how much. I realize that I'm sounding a lot like a kid in the candy store, but that's how I feel right now.