Thursday, January 9, 2014

Dining with Deb!

Let's see, what's been on the menu since the last time I posted!

Tuesday night was another leftover night, this time the rest of Sunday's stuffed peppers.

Wednesday was pizza night.  I used a whole wheat Boboli crust and about 1/2 a jar of Prego mushroom spaghetti sauce.  Next some low-fat shredded mozzarella and some sliced pepperoni, diced garlic, sliced red onion, some fresh rosemary and some canned sliced mushrooms.  Another sprinkle of cheese on top, and there was dinner.  (And lunch for the husband today!)  We had some tossed salad with it too.

Tonight I used a Christmas present.  My husband gave me this "as seen on TV" gag gift for Christmas-- a plastic contraption that cuts potatoes into french fry pieces.  I tried it out.  Let's just say that while it did create lovely french fry shaped pieces, it took a great deal of brute strength to actually push the cutter through the potato!    Not sure we'll do a repeat.  I drizzled some olive oil over the potatoes, sprinkled some kosher salt and pepper on them, and baked them for about 15 minutes in a 425° oven.  Meanwhile I pan broiled 2 very small boneless chuck steaks and nuked a bag of frozen vegetable medley. Not exactly 4 star cooking, but we had dinner on the table in about 25 minutes.

 

No comments: