Friday, January 3, 2014

Jan 3 Dinner: A Little Spice on a Cold Winter's Night




This is Slow Cooker Coconut Ginger Chicken from here.  The photo is from that site too..  I'm serving it over brown rice tonight.  I added frozen mixed vegetables and some water chestnuts.  It would be lovely with sugar snap peas and carrots, neither of which I have!

Since it's currently 4°F outside, and my husband's been working outside a good deal of the day clearing snow from the school bus fleet, he will appreciate the warmth of the spices.
And since I didn't have to go to school today, I had time to find a yummy looking recipe from my Pinterest collection of chicken recipes.  This is the first time we're trying it!
I will report back.  Wednesday's new recipe (Citrus and mustard glazed pork) was a hit, so I'm hoping for another one!

No comments: