I decided to make soup today, based on this recipe for Creamy Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup:
I tweaked it just because . . . .
- Instead of water and vegetable broth, I used 6 cups of chicken stock.
- I skipped the white sauce mix since I didn't have any and instead dissolved a couple of tablespoons of corn starch in the liquid.
- I added about 1/2 cup of white wine.
- I added 1 can of cream of chicken soup because I wanted a more chicken-y flavor and I didn't have any chicken in the freezer.
- I added an extra dash of cayenne
- I added a cheese rind as it simmered.
- I used a package of fresh cheese tortellini instead of dried.